VIDEO: Chris Chibnall And Andrew Buchan Talk Broadchurch 2 And Gracepoint



Radio Times caught up with Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall and series star Andrew Buchan at their recent Covers Party and talked with them about the multi-award winning series and its sequel. They also discussed the American adaptation Gracepoint which is currently in production in Canada, with David Tennant in the lead role.

On his close involvement with Gracepoint Chris said, "Well, they were interested in doing an American version, and what I didn't want to do is sort of hand it over and have no involvement because it's very personal to me, it's absolutely my baby...I wrote it on spec for myself with no company so I wasn't just going to hand it over and run. So I've written the first episode, I'm an executive producer on it"

He also responds to David Tennant's worries that his character DI Alec Hardy might be killed off in the second series of Broadchurch. "He's right to be worried!" declared Chris to the obvious amusement of Andrew Buchan.

Watch the interview here:




Find out more about Broadchurch here
Keep up with the latest Gracepoint news here



Comments