Matt Smith Says His First Doctor Was David Tennant


Doctor Who actor Matt Smith recently took part in an interview with Den Of Geek to promote the DVD release of Series 7 Part 1 of Doctor Who, during which he spoke briefly about David Tennant being the first Doctor that he watched.
He says:

You mention watching past multi-Doctor episodes; have you pretty well immersed yourself in the show’s history now?
Yeah! As soon as I got the job, I went through tonnes and tonnes - I got them to send me pretty much every episode that I could get my hands on. So I went through Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, a bit of Hartnell... So I’ve dipped in. I hate to say, I’ve never watched really any Colin Baker episodes.
My first Doctor, and I told him this, was David [Tennant]. I did it the wrong way round! I watched all of David’s stuff and all of Chris’s stuff, and then I went backwards... I was always aware of Doctor Who, but I didn’t grow up with it.

You can read the full interview with Matt over on Den Of Geek here.

Comments